According to the German Industrial Safety Act, an employer has to appoint health and safety officers responsible for the safety-relevant support of his staff. Based on the number of staff and the company’s risk group, regulation 2 of the German Statutory Accident Insurance (GSAI) determines the manhours a health and safety officer must be available. This officer can be a qualified staff member who received extensive training. External personnel is often called on, too.
Safety support acc. to DGUV regulation 2
For your company, we prepare risk assessments, operating instructions acc. to the Industrial Safety Act, and hold safety instructions and department-specific trainings for your staff, supervisors and executives.
- site inspections,
- preparation of operating instructions, hazardous substances acc. to the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances,
- organisation of safety committee meetings,
- regular risk assessments and documentation acc. to GSAI,
- safety briefing for new processes, risks and regulations,
- measures to reduce or eliminate risks,
- operating instructions for machines acc. to Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health,
- support in obtaining the SCC certificate,
- advisory service regarding the selection of protective work clothing and equipment,
- initial instruction and annual instructions of your staff,
- training of executives,
- supporting the cooperation with trade associations and regulatory authorities.