Claim management services can involve both the establishment and rejection of claims. Establishing claims is about the proof and assessment of the other party’s fault and rejecting is about clearing the other party’s fault assertion and rejecting their assessment.
Furthermore, the establishment of a counterclaim is strived for.
Kapsam has defined a process method for claim management
In general, claim management is very important regarding project realisation, since results regularly improve by 20 to 30 %. Correspondingly, the rejection saves money. Due to the financial importance, numerous necessary operations and required IT, claim management is an individual field of project and contract management.
Establishment vs rejection of claims
Claim management aims at prolongations of contracts with or without acceleration measures and cost compensation or saving.
Kapsam uses the following stage model
Stage 1 – contract analysis
- Examination and preparation of contract documents
- Contract parts and their priority
- Warranties, liability, payment requirements etc.
- Acceptance, commissioning, hand-over
Stage 2 – process analysis
- Analysing actual process
- Analysing probable target process
- Assessment scale regarding time and costs
- Derivation analysis
- Preparation of watertight documents
Stage 3 – handling individual cases
- Analysing the basis of the claim
- Finding facts
- Assessment of causes
- Assessment of claim basis
- Analysis of claim consequences
- Assessment of the individual case
Stage 4 – completion
- Compilation of results and claim documents
- Qualified advice